Skip to main content

SOCIAL MEDIA

2014 Make-Up Favourites

9.1.15


2014 was the year I started to take make-up seriously. I paid more attention to the latest 'trends' and I expanded my collection quite a lot. Today I wanted to share with you my favourite make-up items from 2014. Picking just seven products was actually harder than I expected but here goes!

Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette
This was an unexpected present from my lovely boyfriend during the summer and I can safely say that since then I have used it every time I've done my make-up. With this palette I can create soft neutral everyday eye make-up or for nights out I can do a perfect smokey eye only using the shadows in this palette. For anyone just getting into make-up, this is the perfect eye palette as it's so versatile.

Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation
Throughout 2014 I think I tried out roughly six foundations. While I still love Rimmels other foundation, Wake Me Up, I think that Match Perfection gives flawless coverage and blends in with my skin perfectly. Sometimes if my skin is looking a little tired I'll blend the two but most days Match Perfection is fantastic all on its own. 

Soap & Glory Archery
Where would us girls (and boys) be without our brows?! 2014 was the year when eyebrows took centre stage and the bigger the better! I love this product because it has a brow tint pen at one end and a brow pencil at the other. If you want perfectly precise brows, this is the product to go for!

Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil in Iced Mocha
Nyx has recently become available in chemists near me and I couldn't be happier. I actually bought this eye pencil while I was in Spain during the summer and I use it as a base for my eyeshadow. It really helps to keep my eyeshadow in place and the metallic colour goes with hundreds of looks!

Real Techniques Expert Face Brush
Now I'll admit that I don't always use a brush to apply my foundation, somedays my fingertips do the job. But when I want a flawless base that looks like a second skin, this is the brush I always reach for.

Rimmel Provocalips in Play With Fire
I only discovered this product about a month ago but I had to include it in todays post. When I first tried this 'kiss proof lip colour', I was very dubious, but it actually is kiss proof, and food proof! I wore this on a night out and usually I would have to reapply my lip colour at least twice, but this stayed firmly put, not one single smudge! It actually took a lot of effort to take it off (oil based make-up remover) but it's a small price to pay for such amazing staying power! If you haven't tried these out I definitely recommend it!

I hope you enjoyed todays post. What are your make-up favourites from 2014? Let me know in the comments! Thanks so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews

Follow me on Instagram