Skip to main content

SOCIAL MEDIA

5 Minute Make-Up

9.9.14


Early mornings never get easier no matter how many times that alarm goes off at 7am, so even an extra ten minutes in the warm cocoon of sheets is heaven. Having said that, those extra ten minutes of bliss means sacrificing precious primping time. 

Over the years of early school mornings I've gotten the time it takes to make myself look "awake" and "alive", down significantly and I thought I'd share with you my basic 5 minute make-up routine that I use most days.



Face;
Ever since I discovered Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation I haven't loved any others even half as much. It has a slight shimmer to it that supposedly reflects light and makes you look more awake, which I didn't believe at first but this foundation makes me look awake and healthy and I love it! At only €10.99 in Boots you can't go wrong and I could never justify using a foundation that costs €30 everyday because lets face it, this does the job just as well!

After I apply my foundation, usually only a small amount, I then set it with Essence Fix & Matte translucent loose powder which it brilliant for mattifying the face and making the foundation last all day.

Cheeks;
I use Natural Collection's blush in Peach Melba, this is my favourite blush as it's very natural looking and I use a 17 blush brush to sweep this across the apples of my cheeks to give my face some colour.

Lips;
Somedays I might skip this step but dabbing a lipstick that's the shade of your natural lip colour will also help you look healthier and less tired looking. I use Wet N Wild's matte lipstick in Rose-Bud and it's almost a perfect match to my lips.

Brows;
Eyebrows are such an important part of your face believe it or not, they can make or break your look. I use Soap and Glory's Brow Archery to fill my brows in and the difference it makes to my face is amazing.

Eyes;
I left this section till last because I spend the most time on my eyes. If I'm stuck for time I'll just use Maybelline's Mega Plush mascara and line my upper waterline with Soap and Glory's Supercat Eyeliner pen. If I'm not I'll also blend some neutral matte light brown shadow into my crease as well. I love Natural Collections eyeshadow duo in Mocha/Latte and I find that the brush from my Naked 2 palette is perfect to blend it.



And there's the finished product! What's your go to make-up routine in the mornings or if you're stuck for time? Let me know in the comments below and I hope you enjoyed this post.


Total Pageviews

Follow me on Instagram